Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space by W. Chan Kim

By W. Chan Kim

A needs to learn technique booklet for marketers and practitioners, The Blue Ocean procedure has stood the try out of time. This step forward paintings offers insights on how you can reap the benefits of "white areas" on the market and compete opposed to non-competition. the first argument via Chan and Mauborgne is that businesses may still concentrate on making markets rather than competing inside them.

In a vintage instance, the authors reference Cirque du Soleil, who created a high-end industry area within the circus enterprise, making a new model of leisure, taking pictures industry percentage and charging a cost top class of greater than 10 occasions that of a standard circus. In an age while markets might be reworked in a single day, Blue Ocean offers a framework for concentrating on the best and ecocnomic industry segments.

Show description

Read or Download Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant PDF

Similar advertising books

Ogilvy on Advertising

A candid and crucial primer on all features of advertisements from the fellow Time has known as "the such a lot wanted wizard within the business".

Research in Media Promotion (Lea's Communication Series)

Eastman has assembled this exemplary quantity to highlight media advertising and to envision present examine at the advertising of tv and radio courses. The reports integrated right here discover quite a few sorts of advertising and use greatly differing tools and techniques, offering a complete assessment of advertising study actions.

There's a Customer Born Every Minute: P.T. Barnum's Secrets to Business Success

This is the 1st ebook to discover P. T. Barnum's awesome genius for getting cash. It follows his interesting and wildly diversified careers revealing the company strategies he hired every one step of how. via following Barnum's lead, readers will learn how to stretch their minds, develop their companies, line their wallets .

Perspective Sketching: Freehand and Digital Drawing Techniques for Artists & Designers

Transcend the horizon with point of view Sketching. This e-book deals a command of the elemental ideas of standpoint that's necessary to developing dynamic, believable compositions. With a hassle-free strategy, this step by step consultant may help you grasp the fundamentals like scale drawing, contour line drawing, linear viewpoint, tone and texture, and extra.

Extra resources for Blue Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant

Example text

The tagline of [yellow tail]’s strategic profile is clear: a fun and simple wine to be enjoyed every day. When expressed through a value curve, then, an effective blue ocean strategy like [yellow tail]’s has three complementary qualities: focus, divergence, and a compelling tagline. Without these qualities, a company’s strategy will likely be muddled, undifferentiated, and hard to communicate with a high cost structure. The four actions of creating a new value curve should be well guided toward building a company’s strategic profile with these characteristics.

And what customers typically want “more” of are those product and service features that the industry currently offers. 1 To pursue both value and cost, you should resist the old logic of benchmarking competitors in the existing field and choosing between differentiation and cost leadership. As you shift your strategic focus from current competition to alternatives and noncustomers, you gain insight into how to redefine the problem the industry focuses on and thereby reconstruct buyer value elements that reside across industry boundaries.

Wine sales. S. market. With the supply of wines increasing from Oregon, Washington, and New York state and with newly mature vineyard plantings in California, the number of wines has exploded. S. consumer base has essentially remained stagnant. The United States remains stuck at thirty-first place in world per capita wine consumption. The intense competition has fueled ongoing industry consolidation. The top eight companies produce more than 75 percent of the wine in the United States, and the estimated one thousand six hundred other wineries produce the remaining 25 percent.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.06 of 5 – based on 37 votes