By Dennis R. Jenkins, Brian Rogers
The Boeing B-52 Stratofortress is a long-range, subsonic, jet-powered strategic bomber. The B-52 used to be designed and outfitted by means of Boeing, which has persisted to supply help and improvements. it's been operated through the us Air strength (USAF) because the Fifties. The bomber is able to wearing as much as 70,000 kilos (32,000 kg) of guns.
Read Online or Download Boeing B-52G/H Stratofortress PDF
Similar military technology books
Discussion in technology is vital for growth. but if discussion turns into clash or additional intensifies to persecution the location is destructive not just to technology, but in addition to the broader society during which technology exists. this can be real no matter if the clash is inner, in terms of Boltzmann, or exterior, as with Galileo and Oppenheimer opposed to their respective specialists.
A couple of analyses have lately been performed in efforts to replace technical price versions and value estimating relationships for fixed-wing strive against airplane, particulary in mild of the various cost-saving measures which have been initiated during the last decade. This document specializes in aqguisition reform or the establishment of alterations in executive acquisition procrsses or within the dating among the govt and division of protection primes.
Dealing with the boundaries: Speculations on Nonlinearity in army Affairs
This 5th variation has been completely revised and lots of of the chapters were rewritten to take account of the drastic and innovative alterations in marine electric perform over the last twenty years. some of the most vital alterations has been the virtually entire removal of dc in favour of ac even if the previous remains to be utilized in very small ships.
- Fighter Interceptors
- The armed forces of the USSR
- F-8 Crusader in detail & scale - D&S Vol. 31
- Curtiss Navy Hawks in Action - Aircraft No. 156
- U-boats: History, Development and Equipment, 1914-1945
- SS Armor: A Pictorial History of the Armored Formations of the Waffen-SS - Specials series (6014)
Additional resources for Boeing B-52G/H Stratofortress
Of these, four are designated as main tanks, meaning they are the primary source of fuel for the engines, and the rest are designated as auxiliary tanks. Total fuel capacity is approximately 48,030 gal. The fuel supply system is designed so that the engines receive fuel from the nearest of four main tanks. The main tanks are integral wing tanks ("wet wing"); each tank has four boost pumps and normally supplies two engines. The No. 1 main tank supplies engines Nos. 2 main tank supplies engines Nos.
It is expected that a W80 nuclear warhead will be carried. The highly classified ACM program is more than a year behind schedule, and Congress has been reluctant to release further funding for the program until the AF successfully demonstrates six free-flight tests. McDonnell Douglas recently has been selected as an eventual second source producer of the missile. 1. Sawyer AFB have been modified for ACM integration, but the missile itself is not yet operational. AGM-136A TACIT RAINBOW Northrop's AGM-136A Tacit Rainbow anti-radiation 36 (ARM) missile is designed to seek out and destroy enemy air defense radar systems.
36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. CROSSWIND CRAB POSITION INDICATOR TOTAL FUEL QUANTITY INDICATOR WING FLAP POSITION INDICATOR SAS CONTROL PANEL CENTRAL CAUTION PANEL TURE AIRSPEED INDICATOR CENTRAL CAUTION RESET PANEL OUTSIDE AIR TEMPERATURE GAGE BOMB DOOR SWITCH LATERAL TRIM INDICATOR AUTO PILOT TURN CONTROL SELECTOR SWITCH MACHMETER WINDSHIELD WIPER SWITCH ENGINE FIRE DETECTOR SYSTEM TEST SWITCH HEADING INDICATOR (GYRO) LATERAL ERROR METER (AGM-2B) CONTROL COLUMN AND DISCONNECT LEVER Copilot's Control Column and Disconnect Lever shown; Pilot's opposite ,.