By Marius S. Vassiliou, Visit Amazon's David S. Alberts Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, David S. Alberts, , Jonathan Russell Agre
Command and regulate (C2) is the set of organizational and technical attributes and procedures in which an company marshals and employs human, actual, and data assets to resolve difficulties and achieve missions.C2 Re-envisioned: the way forward for the firm identifies 4 interrelated megatrends which are separately and jointly shaping the state-of-the-art and perform of C2 in addition to the venture demanding situations we are facing.
These megatrends the ebook examines are:
- Big Problems ―manifested partly as expanding complexity of either endeavors and firms, as army institutions shape coalitions with one another, and partnerships with a number of civilian businesses and non-governmental organisations
- Robustly Networked Environments―enabled via the tremendous large availability of complex info and communications applied sciences (ICT) that position extraordinary powers of data construction, processing, and distribution within the palms of virtually someone who wishes them―friend and foe alike
- Ubiquitous Data―the exceptional volumes of uncooked and processed details with which human actors and C2 platforms needs to contend
- Organizational alternatives―as decentralized, net-enabled methods to C2 were made extra possible via expertise.
The publication analyzes old examples and experimental facts to figure out the severe elements that make C2 get it wrong and the way to get it correct. winning businesses sooner or later should be those who can reconfigure their techniques in an agile demeanour. delivering clean views in this topic of severe value, this e-book presents the certainty it is important to decide on your organizational methods to fit the venture and the stipulations at hand.
Read Online or Download C2 Re-envisioned: The Future of the Enterprise PDF
Best military technology books
Discussion in technology is key for development. but if discussion turns into clash or extra intensifies to persecution the location is destructive not just to technological know-how, but in addition to the broader society within which technology exists. this can be precise even if the clash is inner, with regards to Boltzmann, or exterior, as with Galileo and Oppenheimer opposed to their respective professionals.
A few analyses have lately been performed in efforts to replace technical fee versions and value estimating relationships for fixed-wing strive against airplane, particulary in gentle of the various cost-saving measures which were initiated during the last decade. This file makes a speciality of aqguisition reform or the establishment of alterations in executive acquisition procrsses or within the courting among the govt and division of security primes.
Dealing with the limits: Speculations on Nonlinearity in army Affairs
This 5th variation has been completely revised and plenty of of the chapters were rewritten to take account of the drastic and progressive alterations in marine electric perform over the last twenty years. essentially the most very important alterations has been the just about whole removing of dc in favour of ac even supposing the previous remains to be utilized in very small ships.
- F-16 A & B Fighting Falcon in detail & scale - D&S Vol. 3
- Marine Navigation 1: Piloting
- Experimental Sociology of Architecture : A Guide to Theory, Research and Literature
- F4U Corsair in Detail & Scale, Part 1: XF4U Through F2G (D&S, Vol. 55)
- Marine Electrical Practice
Extra resources for C2 Re-envisioned: The Future of the Enterprise
The growth in military data production has been extraordinary over the last several decades. 1 Sensors Sensors have been increasing in numbers and evolving in capability for the last several decades. They can produce images with more pixels than ever before. They can operate in more energy bands, and multispectral sensors can operate in multiple bands. Sensors are also decreasing in * Shanker and Richtel (2011).
R&D (2012). ¶ See Appendix A, this volume. ** Kramer et al. (2012). †† McHale (2012). 6 Commercial and military wireless data rates. 3 Are Commercial ICTs Better? 6, which compares data rates available in commercial and military wireless communications technologies. S. § Commercial technologies, on the other hand, can already provide an order of magnitude more than the higher number and are on track to achieve advantages of two or more orders of magnitude. Does this mean that commercial technology is superior?
This is related to other Naisbitt megatrends, such as a transition from hierarchies to networks and a movement from centralization to decentralization in both politics and business. These megatrends interact with each other in various ways. Big problems and complex endeavors often demand complex enterprises, which often operate more effectively in a decentralized, net-enabled manner. M eg at ren d s A f f ec tin g t he F u t ure 13 Decentralized complex enterprises often generate larger volumes of information than hierarchical ones, contributing to Ubiquitous Data.