By Richard Siddaway, Jeffery Hicks, Oisin Grehan, Aleksandar Nikolic
Here's your probability to profit from the easiest within the company. PowerShell Deep Dives is a trove of crucial ideas, functional information, and the professional insights you earn in simple terms via years of expertise. Editors Jeffery Hicks, Richard Siddaway, Oisin Grehan, and Aleksandar Nikolic hand-picked the 28 chapters within the book's 4 components: management, Scripting, improvement, and Platforms.
About the Technology
PowerShell has completely replaced home windows management. This strong scripting and automation instrument permits you to regulate almost each element of home windows and such a lot Microsoft servers like IIS and SQL Server. Here's your likelihood to profit from the simplest within the business.
About this Book
PowerShell Deep Dives is a trove of crucial strategies and sensible information. it truly is wealthy with insights from specialists who received them via years of expertise. The book's 28 chapters, grouped in 4 components (Administration, Scripting, improvement, and Platforms), have been hand-picked through 4 part editors: Jeffery Hicks, Richard Siddaway, Oisin Grehan, and Aleksandar Nikolic.
Whether you're simply getting all started with PowerShell otherwise you already use it day-by-day, you'll end up returning to this ebook over and over.
• coping with platforms via a keyhole
• the 10 Commandments of PowerShell scripting
• Scalable scripting for giant datasets
• including computerized remoting
• Provisioning net servers and internet sites immediately to IIS 8
• And 23 extra exceptional chapters
Purchase of the print e-book incorporates a unfastened booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Authors Editors Jeffery Hicks, Richard Siddaway, Oisin Grehan, and Aleksandar Nikolic are joined by way of PowerShell specialists Chris Bellee, Bartek Bielawski, Robert C. Cain, Jim Christopher, Adam Driscoll, Josh Gavant, Jason Helmick, Don Jones, Ashley McGlone, Jonathan Medd, Ben Miller, James O'Neill, Arnaud Petitjean, Vadims Podans, Karl Prosser, Boe Prox, Matthew Reynolds, Mike Robbins, Donabel Santos, Will Steele, Trevor Sullivan, and Jeff Wouters.
Table of Contents
<ol><h5>PART 1 POWERSHELL ADMINISTRATION</h5> • Diagnosing and troubleshooting PowerShell remoting
• CIM classes 22
• accumulating and interpreting functionality counter data
• TCP port communications with PowerShell
• handling platforms via a keyhole
• utilizing PowerShell to audit person logon events
• handling and administering a certification authority database with PowerShell
• utilizing PowerShell to lessen lively listing token bloat
<h5>PART 2 POWERSHELL SCRIPTING</h5> • the ten PowerShell scripting commandments
• keeping off the pipeline
• A template for dealing with and reporting errors
• advice and tips for growing complicated or complicated HTML reviews with PowerShell
• utilizing and "abusing" dynamic parameters
• PowerShell variety formatting
• Scalable scripting for giant facts units: pipeline and database techniques
• development your individual WMI-based cmdlets
• Turning command-line instruments into PowerShell tools
<h5>PART three POWERSHELL FOR DEVELOPERS</h5> • utilizing resource keep an eye on software program with PowerShell
• Inline .NET code
• PowerShell and XML: greater together
• including computerized remoting to complicated features and cmdlets
• Taming software program builds (and different advanced techniques) with psake
<h5>PART four POWERSHELL PLATFORMS</h5> • PowerShell and the SQL Server provider
• growing versatile subscriptions in SSRS
• stock database desk facts utilizing PowerShell SQL Server administration Objects
• WSUS and PowerShell
• Provisioning IIS internet servers and websites with PowerShell
• lively listing staff administration application